Vigneti del Vulture - Farnese (Aglianico del Vulture)
Product not available in United States
Technical sheet · Vigneti del Vulture Piano del Cerro Aglianico del Vulture
If you liked Vigneti del Vulture Piano del Cerro Aglianico del Vulture 2016, you may also enjoy...
Description · Vigneti del Vulture - Farnese
Vigneti del Vulture Piano del Cerro Aglianico del Vulture 2016 (Aglianico)
- View: Intense ruby red with violet glints.
- Nose: An alluringly sweet scent reminiscent of balsamic vinegar and honey with notes of ripe dark fruits and warming spices.
- Mouth: Rich and full on the palate with ripe fruit flavours and an enjoyable acid balance. Extraordinary notes of black currants, blueberry, black cherry, earthy spices and touch of cocoa are present with silky and persistent tannins. The finish is smooth and fruity.
APPELLATION: Aglianico del Vulture
VINEYARD: Vigneti del Vulture. These Aglianico grapes were grown at 600 meters above sea level among the rolling hills of Basilicata, Italy. The north-eastern part of the region is characterized by nearby extinct volcanoes, which makes the soil rich in potassium, ideal for the Aglianico variety. Vigneti del Vulture is part of the Fantini Group Farnese, which was voted best wine producer in Italy in 2016, 2017, and 2019.
AGEING: Matured in new barriques, where malolactic fermentation occurs, for 2 years. Will cellar well through 2027.
PREPARATION: The grapes are double-sorted to ensure pure quality, then de-stemmed. Vinification takes place in small wood vats, with maceration for 25-30 days and manual pump-overs every 6 hours.
PAIRING: Beef, lamb, pastas with meaty red sauces, goat cheese.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18-20ºC
Vigneti del Vulture - Farnese
Buy Vigneti del Vulture - Farnese Wine:
Vigneti del Vulture Farnese Aglianico Pipoli 2017
Aglianico del Vulture (Red Wine)
Vigneti del Vulture Pipoli Rosato Basilicata 2018
Basilicata (Rosé Wine)
Vigneti del Vulture Farnese Pipoli Greco Fiano 2018
Basilicata (White Wine)
Highlighted review about Vigneti del Vulture Piano del Cerro Aglianico del Vulture 2016
Posted on 02/05/19 at 04.16
- costs this growing and complex on volcanic soil and well-balanced red wine with meat dishes or mature cheeses
- Allergens: contains sulfites
More reviews about Vigneti del Vulture Piano del Cerro Aglianico del Vulture 2016
Posted on 03/05/19 at 20.03
Perhaps rather soft for my taste.
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages