Herdade do Esporão (Alentejo)
It is not possible to buy Herdade do Esporão Monte Velho 2008 right now.
Technical sheet · Herdade do Esporão Monte Velho
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2008 Other vintages|
|Winery:||Herdade do Esporão|
|Grapes:||Aragonêz, Castelão Frances, Trincadeira|
You may also be interested in...
Description · Herdade do Esporão
Herdade do Esporão Monte Velho 2008 (Aragonêz, Castelão Frances and Trincadeira)
The exceptional conditions of light and the hot sun of Alentejo, together with the humid Atlantic breezes blowing from Northwest, combined with the unique schistous and vulcanic nature of the soil constitute the origin for the outstanding character of the wines from "ESPORÃO" state.
From Esporão Estate Vineyards, using Alentejo grape varieties, we produced this wine which shows complex ripe fruit and oak characters with good depth of fruit on the palate and a soft tannic structure.
- Colour/Condition: Clear, deep ruby colour.
- Aroma: Ripe berry fruits with some underlying oak complexity.
- Palate: Good depth of ripe fruit with a soft tannic structure.
- Temperature for serving: 16-18ºC
- Dishes: Best with pastas, full dishes like boiled chick-peas and the opulence and elegance of game dishes, making it an easy choice to increase the pleasure of the meal.
- Quantity produced: 5.497.553 Liters
- Soil Type: Schist mother rock with clay/loam soil.
- Grape varieties: Aragonês, Trincadeira and Castelão.
- Pruning system: Double Guyot
- Average age of wines: 15 year old
- Average yield: 50 hl/ha
- Vinification process: Destemming, crushing, fermentation temperature control in stainless steel tanks, pneumatic pressing, malolactic fermentation, matured for 6 months in stainless steel tanks with American oak.
- Alcohol: 13,5%
- Total Acidity: 6,12 gr/l
- Volatile Acidity: 0,52 gr/l
- pH: 3,61
- Dry Extract: 27,5 gr/l
Herdade do Esporão
The philosophy of the company “The Esporão project began in the Alentejo from an irrepressible desire to make the finest wines. This is the basis of everything we do and something we extend to other products and regions. Everywhere, nature inspires us and helps us to improve. We respect and...
Buy Herdade do Esporão Wine:
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Herdade do Esporão Monte Velho 2017
Reviews about Herdade do Esporão Monte Velho 2015