“Wine of the Region of Bairrada, made from the varieties Touriga Nacional, Alfrocheiro, Sousão, Alicante Bouschet, Baga and Castelão. Aged during 10 months in small presses. It presents almost black colour, with light purple reflexes. In the nose dominates an exuberant fragrance of menthol, with good floral component and a presence of fruit (blackberries). In the mouth the wine appears very young, something vegetable, fruited, with fresh tannins. The wood is integrated well in the wine, without making mark, where the black chocolate goes together very well with the wild fruits. Balsamic and vigorous finish.”
Intense red color with some depth, very complex aroma, which suggested some of the notes are typical of the different varieties of grapes that make up this original lot. Full of vigour in the mouth, long end. Acidity and balanced thin.
- Winemaker: Raquel Carvalho and Carlos Campolargo
- Winemaking: Partial destemming, joint fermentation and mechanical tread in small vats. Malo-lactic followed by 12 months rest, in used barrels.
- Grape Varieties: Baga, Castelão, Trincadeira, Sousão, Bastardo, Alfrocheiro, Tinta Roriz.
- Food Pairing: Good company for traditional Portuguese dishes.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serving temperature at 16ºC to 18ºC.”