The largest catalogue in Europe + 90.000 products on sale
More than 100.000 satisfied customers Buy easily and safely
Buy wine online is faster The wine and spirits shop with shipping from 48 hours
BeerView all products in Beer »
Beer is the name of an alcoholic beverage fermented from grain, usually flavored with hops. The world of beer is very large and diverse, just like wine. Although there are so many producers, the variety of beers and breweries is so broad that it is impossible to use a single classification to cover them all.
In any case, the basic characteristics of beer are color, that can be yellow with shades ranging from pale yellow to dark brown (almost black), to the Reds in special cases. The alcohol content of beer varies between 3 and 9%, although the market has many non-alcoholic beers.
Beer began to develop in the Middle Ages, when it was used to cook the barley fermented with hops flowers. The beer was made from malt by soaking, but it only became the beer itself when we started to introduce hops in the process.
They can be classified according to:
- the country where they are produced: German, Belgian, British, Mexican, Spanish, ...
- the type of beer fermentation: Fermentation high, low fermentation, spontaneous fermentation, double fermentation, ...
- the special features, or a combination of several of the above (for example, more country type of fermentation): Kriek, Stout, Pale Ale, Lager, Bitter, Weissbier, ...
- the type of grain used in the fermentation: Barley, wheat, oats, corn, ...
- the denomination of origin: abbey beers, Trappist beers (or Trappist ), ...
Buy Beers online.
Uvinum recommends you