Duck breast with fruit and rice is a dish mainly prepared in the Christmas holidays, since it is a little difficult for everyday, but if you have a special meeting of family type and time available to do it, is always cause for praise at the table. Moreover, since duck is a white meat and its flavor is intense but with a softer texture than pork, beef or even other game birds, it is very light and ideal in summer, served with fruits.
The presence of kiwi among the ingredients in this recipe for 4 people is beneficial by its supply of vitamin C, ideal for preventing viral diseases and good help for iron absorption.
- 250 g wild rice
- 1 teaspoon refined corn flour
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 slices of bacon
- Finely chopped chives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 kiwifruit
- 1 pomegranate
- Step 1: Cook the wild rice in a saucepan with water and a little salt for a period of 20 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Step 2: Grill some slices of bacon ½ cm thick until browned and cut each slice into 3 strips.
- Step 3: Put into the larding needle those strips of bacon and then fill with them the duck breasts (making a small pocket with a cross-section).
- Step 4: Salt and pepper the meat, make a few diamond-shaped cuts in the fatty side and put it in a pan without oil until browned.
- Step 5: Move the meat to a tray and take it to the oven for 7 minutes at 200 degrees; when ready, slice it and set aside.
- Step 6: Place 200 ml of wine in a casserole to reduce it, mix with corn flour previously diluted in cold water (this ensures avoiding lumps), add some salt and reserve the sauce.
- Step 7: Proceed to peel and dice the kiwi.
- Step 8: Cut in half the pomegranate and take out the grains.
- Step 9: In a pan with some oil, place the kiwi and the pomegranate grains, along with the chives and saute the ingredients, and finally add the rice and mix.
- Step 10: When serving, you can make a bed of rice and place over it the stuffed duck meat, add sauce and garnish with parsley, or place the rice on the side
Which wine will pair this dish? We recommend a fresh, fruity young wine, which will pair with harmony this great dish. Today we recommend:
Arzuaga Crianza 2010
Castillo Perelada 5 Fincas 2009