For many people, this recipe is simple and requires very little time in the kitchen; its taste is amazing thanks to the preparation of grilled foie gras and the sweet and sour sauce made of muscat wine.
- 50 g fresh chives
- 700 g foie gras
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 2 dl of muscat wine
- 1/2 l of meat broth
- 1 pomegranate
- Step 1: Chop the chives into small dice and cook it lightly with a few drops of oil in a pan.
- Step 2: Add the chives to the meat broth and muscat wine and increase the heat to the maximum.
- Step 3: Watch your sauce until reduced and the alcohol in muscat wine evaporates; the ideal texture is similar to caramel.
- Step 4: Add the cream to the preparation and finally filter it through a sieve to obtain a fine result.
- Step 5: Proceed to cut the foie gras into medium thick slices, then add salt and pepper and cook it for a few seconds on each side in a pan without oil; you can remove it when takes a golden appearance.
- Step 6: When serving, is ideal to extend some reduction, then place over it the grilled foie gras and finally put some pomegranate seeds.
This recipe is rich in calories due to high fat present in foie gras and cream, but is made for special occasions and it’s delicious.
Today we recommend 2 options for a great pairing:
Château d’Yquem 1998
Oremus Tokaji Aszú 3 Puttonyos 50cl 2006