Marinated sardines are an ideal option for a healthy meal at home with family. This recipe makes 4 servings and its preparation is really simple and fast.
The iron uptake of sardines is really good for our body and it’s part of a balanced diet, and its touch of white wine enhances the delicious taste in our mouth.
We should consider that iron is a great ally to prevent stomach upsets and anemia in our family members, and a great way to get Omega 3, found in different fish.
- 12 sardines
- 50 g flour
- 200 ml white wine
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 stick of celery
- Bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Sherry vinegar
- Step 1: Cut the carrots, onions and celery in small dices and put apart.
- Step 2: Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a pan and saute the vegetables for about 1 minute.
- Step 3: Lower the heat to low and proceed to soften the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Then proceed to flour the sardines and then heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Step 5: Remove the stems from the parsley, add the vegetables, bay leaf, thyme. Then add pepper, parsley and salt to the pan.
- Step 6: Bath with wine and vinegar the contents of the pan to completely cover them and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Step 7: Pour over the sardines the result of cooking in the pan and let all the preparation made for approximately 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Step 8: To serve, distribute the sardines in the dishes and then bath them with the marinade.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can prepare it during a weekend and have it ready to serve on weekdays, and so optimize your time with a healthy and delicious alternative.
And besides to marinate the dish, today we recommend two white wines to enjoy these marinated sardines in all its glory:
Faustino VII Blanco 2012
Terras Gauda 2013