Sommeliers, wine producers and connoisseurs from all over the world are praising the values of the Grenache grape, that offers fine wines and intense production.
This variety, though it has a strong historic presence in countries such as France, Spain and Australia, is also spreading elsewhere. Additionally, those that highlight Grenache as a grape of great future, do so thanks to its large capacity to thrive in hot conditions. Something that must be taken into account, because of the climate change, which is making many places even hotter and therefore, this grape has a promising future.
These are some of the reasons for such a promising future:
- Grenache in South Africa. The Grenache variety potential is big, since it is increasingly important also in places like South Africa, where plantations slowly increased from about 40 hectares in 2000 to 188 hectares in 2010.
- Aromas and flavours. According to experts, the wine made from Grenache grape is a friendly wine, a wine with aroma. And it’s a good alternative to all the most important varieties today.
- Resistant grape. In addition to withstand heat, Grenache grape is resistant to some wood diseases, which made it more precious.
- Grenache-Pinot Noir. In addition, there are many similarities between the Grenache grape and Pinot Noir, as they can be enjoyed young. Grenache for sommeliers is synonymous with maturity.
- In many wineries. In wineries in France, Grenache variety is growing. Its producers strive to offer fresh tasting wines, and the importance of oxygen in the harmonization of the mixture of young wine, and so acidity, structure and tannins.
The quality of grenache grapes is truly a world to discover, a world of good wines that you can not miss.
Remelluri Reserva 2007 is a red wine with Rioja DO with tempranillo and graciano of 2007 and 13.5º of volume of alcohol.
Viña Arana Reserva 2005 is a a red wine with Rioja DO from La Rioja Alta cellar based on garnacha and mazuelo of 2005 and 12.8º of alcohol.
Marques de Murrieta Reserva 2007 is a red wine from the Rioja DO made with garnacha tinta and graciano of 2007 and with 14º of alcohol content.