On hot days, the best choice for your meals is a salad, and there’s a thousand ways to prepare them. Also, if you pair it with a good wine, the moment will become delightful and sophisticated. So today we will show you some salads and some of the wines that would go well to accompany them. Appetizing, right?
1. Summer rice salad
- 200 grams of basmati rice
- 6 black olives
- 12 capers
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 slices of canned pineapple
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 16 raisins
- 6 prawns
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- Cook the rice. Cool it under running water and drain.
- Cook the eggs. Leave to soak the raisins to rehydrate.
- Cut the remaining ingredients into small pieces. Mix all ingredients in the bowl and finish assembling the salad with tuna chunks spread over the surface.
For this recipe, we recommend a young and slightly needle point red wine, like the Baigorri, a wine ideal to drink along with a complex salad like this.
2. Beans salad with french fries
For the vinaigrette:
- 20 milliliters of apple cider vinegar
- 60 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- Black pepper
For the salad:
- 100 grams of French green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams of tuna in olive oil
- 100g of potatoes (boiled)
- 50 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 30 grams of pitted black olives
- 4 or 5 anchovies
- 1 egg
- We put all vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to emulsify with a pair of metal rods.
- Wash the green beans and remove the ends. Boil water in a pan and add the baking soda. Leave the green beans in the boiled water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the beans from water and place them in a bowl with ice water. Let it cool, drain and dry.
- Drain and chop the tuna with your hands. Cut the potatoes into small pieces, cut the cherry tomatoes and olives in half and cut the anchovies into small pieces. Mix all ingredients.
- Peel the boiled egg, cut into quarters and set aside. Spread the salad with the vinaigrette and garnish with the egg.
3. Zucchini noodle salad
- 4 zucchinis
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices of ham
- 80 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 40 grams of pinions
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the ham into thin strips. Fry the pine nuts in a skillet.
- Wash the tomatoes, dry them and cut them into quarters. Wash the basil and dry it well. Reserve a few sprigs for garnish at the end and chop the rest.
- Cut the parmesan cheese into thin slabs. Peel the garlic clove and mince it.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into thin strips using a peeler, discarding the central part with the seeds.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Add the zucchini and fry it over high heat for 2 minutes. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in garlic and tomatoes, season all with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle some chopped basil then add the pine nuts and strips of ham and mix.
- Serve the zucchini noodles with tomatoes, the pine nuts and ham. Add parmesan cheese and sprinkle the remaining oil. Garnish with basil and serve.