Tenuta San Guido (Bolgheri Sassicaia)
Technical sheet · Sassicaia
- Type Of Wine:
- red wine
- 2011 Other vintages
- Tenuta San Guido
- 75 cl Other volumes
- Contains Sulfites
- Alcohol Vol.:
- Consumption Temp.:
- Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:
If you liked Sassicaia 2011, you may also enjoy...
Description · Tenuta San Guido
Sassicaia 2011 (Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon)
The Sassicaia 2011 does not reach the awe-inspiring heights of the two previous vintages (2009 and 2010) that are both iconic in their beauty and pedigree. Sassicaia always suffers when tasted young, which makes it a challenge to assess properly at release time. The winemaking quality is intact and the quality of fruit is beautiful indeed, albeit on the soft and ripe side.
TASTING NOTES OF Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia 2011:
- View: ruby intense, concentrated and deep.
- Nose: Complex aroma, notes of red fruit and very elegant.
- Mouth: deep, sweet and balanced tannins on the palate, rich and dense, yet harmonious and elegant.
APPELLATION: Bolgheri Sassicaia.
GRAPES: 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Cabernet Franc.
TEMPERATURE: 16/18 °C
Tenuta San Guido
Tenuta San Guido is named after the Saint Guido della Gherardesca who lived during the XI century. Tenuta San Guido cultivates fruit from several plots scattered around Bolgheri extending 75 hectares. The grape variety distribution of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Cabernet Franc. The...
Buy Tenuta San Guido Wine:
Highlighted review about Sassicaia 2011
More reviews about Sassicaia 2011
Posted on 31/12/16 at 05.40
Posted on 16/08/16 at 17.39
- View: intense ruby.
- Nose: concentrated and deep. complex aroma, notes of red fruit and very elegant.
- Mouth: powerful,...
Posted on 02/09/14 at 10.09
- View: Sassicaia 2011 present a deep, dense and concentrated ruby red
- Nose: wonderful aromas of rosemary and currants
- Boca displays elegance, wild berries and herbs, lively...
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Sassicaia 2013
Reviews about Sassicaia 2008
Reviews about Sassicaia 2007
Reviews about Sassicaia 2014
Cherry colour, high layer. Scent of violets and liquorice. Balanced in the mouth.