- 53045 Valiano di Montepulciano (Siena)
- Valiano di Montepulciano (ZIP Code 53040)
- Toscana, Tuscany
- (+39) 0578 724304
- (+39) 0578 724308
The largest catalogue in Europe + 90.000 products on sale
Best Online Wine Retailer 2016 More than 100.000 satisfied customers
Buy wine online is faster The wine and spirits shop with shipping from 48 hours
Avignonesi consists of four wine-producing estates: Le Capezzine, I Poggetti, La Selva and La Lombarda. In total they comprise 225 hectares of open ground, 109 ha of vineyards and 3 ha of olive groves.
Fattoria "Le Capezzine" (altitude m 300)
Only a few kilometres from Montepulciano, close to the village of Valiano, stands the old farm estate Le Capezzine. It is the heart of the company and it has been impeccably restored. It contains spacious cellars for vinification, cellars for ageing and storing, the vinsantaia, the frantoio (the olive oil mill), warehouses and offices.
The estate comprises 19 hectares, of which 7 hectares of vineyards divided as follows: 6 (Prugnolo Gentile) of albarello vines in the "settonce" pattern; 1 dedicated to density experimentation ranging from 2,000 to 8,500 vines per hectare with six different rootstocks; finally 0,4 hectares are dedicated to growing ancient varieties indigenous to Montepulciano and the surrounding area.
Estate "I Poggetti" (altitude m 290)
This estate is composed of two farms, all located within the boundary of Montepulciano, on the Argiano hills, where Avignonesi's Vino Nobile has always been produced. The total land area is 68 hectares, 30 of which are used to cultivate Prugnolo Gentile, Mammolo and Canaiolo. Two hectares are planted with the Correggiolo variety of olives which are used to produce the green and aromatic extravirgin olive oil typical of Montepulciano.
Estate "La Selva" (altitude m 300)
La Selva is situated at Cignano, on the hills of the Chiuso di Cortona and consists of 4 farms - La Selva, Val di Capraia, Paggino and Pian dell'Oca, four superior locations dedicated to the cultivation of classical vine varieties. It covers a total area of 96 hectares, 51 of which are vineyards and 1 olive groves. Here are grown the Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc.
Estate "La Lombarda" (altitude m 300)
This is a 42-hectare farm located close to Le Capezzine and within the uncontaminated countryside of the Chiuso della Valdichiana hills. The soil here is particularly well suited to vine growing. At the moment there are 20 hectares of new vineyards at high density, dedicated to Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Nero and Merlot.
- Italy (167)
- Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
- Avignonesi Rosso di Montepulciano
- Avignonesi Desiderio Cortona
- Avignonesi Nobile Di Montepulciano
- Avignonesi Rosso Di Montepulciano Magnum
- Avignonesi Desiderio
- Avignonesi Desiderio Merlot
- Avignonesi Grifi Toscana
- Avignonesi 50 & 50 Campanelle
- Avignonesi Cantaloro Rosso Toscana
- Avignonesi Vin Santo Di Montepulciano 375ml
- Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva Grandi Annate
- Avignonesi 50 & 50
- Avignonesi Vin Santo 375ml
- Avignonesi Sauvignon Blanc Cortona
- Avignonesi Cantaloro
- Avignonesi Desiderio Merlot Magnum
- Avignonesi Il Marzocco Chardonnay Cortona
- Avignonesi Cantaloro Avignonesi Toscana
- Avignonesi Grandi Annate Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano
- Avignonesi 50 & 50 Capanelle Toscana
- Avignonesi Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano Magnum
- Avignonesi Desiderio Merlot Toscana Magnum
- Avignonesi Desiderio Merlot Double Magnum
- Avignonesi Grifi Sangiovese Cabernet Sauvignon Toscana Magnum
- Avignonesi 50 & 50 Capanelle Toscana Magnum
- Avignonesi Vin Santo di Montepulciano Vino Liquoroso 375ml
- Avignonesi Desiderio Merlot Toscana Double Magnum
- Avignonesi Nobile Di Montepulciano Magnum
- Avignonesi Desiderio Toscana