• The largest catalogue in Europe + 90.000 products on sale

  • Best Online Wine Retailer 2016 More than 100.000 satisfied customers

  • Buy wine online is faster The wine and spirits shop with shipping from 48 hours

Bach

Bach

Address:
Edificio Alta 1 - Av. Països Catalans 38, 2ª Planta
City:
Esplugues De Llobregat (ZIP Code 08950)
Location:
Barcelona, Catalonia
Country:
Spain
Phone:
(+34) 935 051 551
Fax:
(+34) 935 051 551
Web:
http://www.bach.es

The history of Bach takes us back to 1915 when the brothers Pere and Ramón Bach i Escopet moved to Sant Esteve Sesrovires from Barcelona and purchased the "Can Estrada" estate, which dates back to the XVIII century. Thanks to the revenues they obtained from the cotton trade, the Bach brothers were able to invest in starting up a winery which they gradually extended, buying up new plots until they amassed a total of 365 hectares. The 1920 harvest, made up of the Xarel·lo and Macabeo varietals, marked the long awaited inauguration of Bach

Pere and Ramón Bach settled in the Penedés region with the idea of making a wine that would be destined for aging and they consequently built a cellar that was 95 metres long. They then filled it with 1,000 Bordeaux oak barrels which they bought for 50 pesetas each. The Bach brothers conceived the idea for their wine and gave their stamp to it along with their enologists. They also delved into their textile background to give it a name and called it "extrísimo", the name given to the premium quality cotton imported from Egypt and India. The first Bach bottles were present at the mythical 1929 Barcelona International Exposition.

However, the Civil War dampened part of the splendour achieved by Bach in the roaring twenties and brought tragic consequences upon the family: Ramón was killed and Pere, who outlived the fighting, was very much devastated by this loss. A few years later, in 1942, he decided to sell the estate. Over the following years, Bach changed owners on various occasions, who among other things, ordered the building of metres and metres of underground galleries for aging cavas whilst undertaking a commercial and enological overhaul of the winery.

The winery changed hands once again in 1975 when it definitively came under the ownership of the Raventós family, which acquired the estate and incorporated Bach into its wineries group.

A long time has gone by since then but the spirit of the Bach brothers has been faithfully maintained right up to this very day: quality, originality and personality in all its wines and cavas".

Top Sales - Buy recommended Products of Bach