- Boite Postale 117
- Rue De Grassi
- Pauillac, Aquitaine
- (+33) 556 592 020
- (+33) 556 732 044
The largest catalogue in Europe + 90.000 products on sale
Best Online Wine Retailer 2016 More than 100.000 satisfied customers
Buy wine online is faster The wine and spirits shop with shipping from 48 hours
Location: Chateau Mouton Rothschild has a total area of magnificent vineyards on the slopes leading down to the Gironde estuary. Mouton Rothschild is northwest of Pauillac.
Size: 188 acres producing 20 to 25.000 boxes.
Rating: Premier Cru (since 1973)
Château Mouton Rothschild vineyards: Cabernet Sauvignon 80%, 10% Cabernet Franc, Merlot, 8% and 2% Petit Verdot. The vineyard is mostly gravel in the subsoil of marl and clay. They are planted 8,000 to 10,000 vines per hectare. The average yield per acre is 35 bushels. Pruning is Medocaine double Guyot
Vinification: the strict interpretation of classical forms, wooden casks, rigorous selection of grapes. Do not add the yeast, 3 weeks maceration, temperature 28-30C fermentation, 100% new oak barrels from 23 to 24 months. Part of the first pressure is sometimes included in other crops. Clarification with egg.
History: Château Mouton Rothschild has few equals in length and gloss of history.The Barons de Brane famous, first propiedatario of the vineyard was already well known in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries, when it was known as Château Brane-Mouton.
Château Mouton Rothschild was purchased by Nathaniel de Rothschild of London in 1853, which changed its name to Chateau Mouton Rothschild final, and is now owned by Philippine de Rothschild, his great-granddaughter. Château Mouton Rothschild, at the forefront of the great wines of Bordeaux, was the first vineyards to start to complete the filling of the crop on the same property - a historic step begun in 1924 by the late Philippe de Rothschild.
It is the only Château de Medoc to achieve reclassification to Premier Cru since 1855. In 1973, he finally moved from 2nd to Premier Cru.
In 1926, he commissioned the architect Charles Sicils build the famous "Grand Chai." In 1962 Philippe de Rothschild created with his wife Pauline, the Museum of Wine and Art, which is a valuable collection of objects related to wine and vine, since the dawn of civilization to modern times.
Château Mouton Rothschild: Uvinum recommends you
- More than £47 (15)
- France (422)
- Italy (1)
- Vintage and Co (15)
Château Mouton Rothschild de France
Château Mouton Rothschild wines
- Château Mouton Rothschild
- Le Petit Mouton de Mouton Rothschild
- Château Mouton Rothschild Magnum
- Château Mouton Rothschild Box
- Château Mouton Rothschild Double Magnum
- Château Mouton Rothschild Imperial
- Château Mouton Rothschild Aile d'Argent Blanc
- Château Mouton Rothschild 375ml
- Le Petit Mouton de Mouton Rothschild Magnum
- Château Mouton Rothschild HE
- Château Mouton Rothschild ELA
- Château Mouton Rothschild EA
- Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1Er Grand Cru Classe
- Château Mouton-Rothschild Magnum
- Château Mouton-Rothschild Double Magnum
- Château Mouton-Rothschild Imperial
- Château Mouton-Rothschild
- Château Mouton Rothschild ETA
- Château Mouton Rothschild TLB
- 6 X Mouton Rothschild
- 6 X Château Mouton Rothschild
- 12 X Château Mouton Rothschild Pauillac
- 12 X Château Mouton Rothschild
- Château Mouton Rothschild MB
- Château Mouton Rothschild 1Er Cru Magnum