Vins Abadia de Poblet (Conca de Barbera)
Product not available in United States
If you liked Abadia de Poblet 2016, you may also enjoy...
Description · Vins Abadia de Poblet
Abadia de Poblet 2016
- View: cherry red color with maroon trim. Middle layer.
- Nose: aroma of fresh red fruit, with spicy notes of clove, white pepper, fine wood and minerals.
- Mouth: fresh, structured, enveloping, light, juicy, large and good acidity. Flavored red fruit, spices, caramel and toasted tones breeding. Final good length.
APPELLATION: Conca de Barbera.
VINEYARD: Abbey of Poblet.
GRAPES: 40% Trepat, 20% Garrut, Grenache 20% and 20% of Llebre Ull.
AGEING: in foudres four thousand liters for Trepat and Garrut varietal, and cement tanks for one year for others.
PREPARATION: Abadia de Poblet red has been created with great zonal personality, rescuing indigenous varieties and the winemaking tradition of yesteryear initiated by the monks of the Cistercian order which included wine in large tanks, aging in fudres and non-invasive techniques with nature. This wine is made from varietals Trepal, Garrut, Garnacha and Ull de Llebre. The Trepat grape, which is native and unique O.D. Conca Barberà is in planted vineyards since the early twentieth century, in poor soils and altitudes between 500 and 600 meters above sea level. This variety has low yields which gives concentration and essence of the land of origin. The Garrut comes from vineyards with soils with slate and sand mixture richer than the Trepat varietal. Grenache and Ull de Llebre are grown in vineyards with slate floors and clay, oriented northeast, about 700 meters high.
WINE PAIRING: red and white meats, roasts, cheeses, hams and sausages.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 - 18 °C
Vins Abadia de Poblet
Buy Vins Abadia de Poblet Wine:
More reviews about Abadia de Poblet 2016
Posted on 13/05/19 at 12.34
- View: garnet red color.
- Aroma fresh red fruit, acetone, clove, white pepper, and fine mineral wool.
- Boca fresh, structured, envelope, light, juicy, full, good acidity. berry...
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Abadia de Poblet 2009
Pinot Noir wines are reds more versatile combination; its elegance and...
Reviews about Abadia de Poblet 2005
Reviews about Abadia de Poblet 2010