Azul Portugal produces the Azul Portugal Douro Reserva , a red wine from Douro vinified from tinta roriz, touriga nacional and touriga franca. According to Uvinum users, this red wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
Dark Ruby colour. Ripe blackberries, notes of oak and vanilla. Rich and full-bodied wine very smooth on the palate. Well integrated tannins with dark berries and spices. A long lingering finish.
- Winemaker: João Silva e Sousa and Francisco Baptista
- Winemaking: The grapes are destemmed and crushed followed by innoculation of selected yeasts alcoholic fermentation for a minimum of 8 days malolactic fermentation development under controlled temperatures. This wine aged for a period of 6 months in new and second year French Oak barrels.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz.
- Food Pairing: All types of meat, roasted codfish and cheese.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.”