“With vineyards in the Douro Superior, around Almendra, Casa Agrícola Roboredo Madeira produces grapes from the end of the century XIX. Currently, the oldest vineyard dates back to 1966, since then were introduced traditional grape varieties and converted to organic production. Since 2004 with the construction of the winery this producer start making wines that are the fruit of the passion for the land and respect for nature, that smell and taste the land, the shale, the rock rose, the flowers and fruits of the field.”
“I don't know if there are problems with the 2018 vintage, but I thought the colour was a straw-yellow. Just approaching the glass close to the nose you can notice pear and banana scents.Extraordinary flavour with caramel hints.
A good white to finish the meal properly.
We tasted this wine at a wine tasting.”
“Carm Red Wine has an expression of ripe black berries, mulberry and black cherry introduce this wine, follwed by the seductuive flavors of black fruits and liquorice. It rounds off with hints of toasted oak, warm spicy fruity and silky texture”
“The nose is very fresh and elegant with notes of berries and black cherries in
balance with seductive nuances of "liquorice", and the aroma complexed by discrete wood notes. The palate is warm, denoting firm tannins smooth texture and long finish.”
“Issued from an exceptional vintage, it's full with deep color and marked by irreproachable freshness and complexity. This wine shows an extraordinary structure and intensity with a very robust body, foreseeing an extremely long life in bottle.”
Fresh and elegant with notes of berries and black cherries balanced with alluring hints of licorice. The aroma is enhanced by subtle notes of wood. The palate is intense, showing firm tannins with a smooth and very persistent final texture.
- Winemaker: António Ribeiro
- Winemaking: Destemmed, soft crushing and thermal shock, then followed by a period of soaking pre-fermentation cold-mill for about 12 to 24 hours, after which the masses were transferred to fermentation vats broad low where fermented by about 10 days, at temperatures between 24 and 26 º C. The malolactic fermentation occurred in a natural way, and it was concluded at the end of December when the wine made ??this fermentation in wood. Ageing for 12 months in barrels of American and French oak.
- Grape Varieties: Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional.
- Food Pairing: It is best accompanied by cheese, meat and most Mediterranean food.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve at a tempertatuof 14ºC to 16ºC.”