“93 pts Jamie Goode - Shades of yellow and green and shiny. On the nose the first impression is an intense crystalline and complex aroma of peach, pear, white flowers and a lot of minerality, characteristic of Rabigato. The lees and oak aging give”
“90 pts Wine & Spirits - Shades of yellow and green with bright aspect. It's a wine that shows great character, with mineral and smoked aromas very present. "Os Xistos Altos" have also has fresh aromas of white flowers and fruits but also juniper, one of our local plants. In the mouth this wine is "salty" and mineral very characteristic of Rabigato. It's elegant and complex, with concentration and firm acidity from the entrance to the end and finishing with great persistence. Great ageing potential.”
Deep red colour. The nose shows the freshness of high altitude vineyards. Balsamic and floral notes brought by Touriga Nacional and also red fruit flavours characteristic of Touriga Francesa. On mouth the attack is strong and fresh, with a perfect balance between the acidity and firm tannins resulting in a long and soft finish.
- Winemaker: Mateus Nicolau de Almeida
- Winemaking: The grapes are harvested manually in September in boxes of 20 kg. In the cellar before being crushed or pressed, they spend 12 hours on a cooling chamber at 10ºC followed by fermentation with indigenous yeasts. This wine comes from two parcels. One at 250 m altitude in V. N. de Foz Côa, facing north. These grapes are vinified in granite lagares with foot trading during 6 to 7 days with 50% of stems. The other at 550 m altitude in Meda facing South and the grapes are vinified in tank for 20 days. During the maturing process the wine is not moved in order to respect the character of the grapes. The wine matures in 500 and 225 litters used barrels for 14 months.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Sousão.
- Food Pairing: This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve at 18°C temperature.”