“Prats & Symington was founded in 1999 as a joint venture between the well known Bordeaux winemaker Bruno Prats and the Symington family. It is an independent company specializing in dry red wines Which Has Been at the forefront of the DOC Douro quality revolution instrumental in driving forward and the high quality image of the region.”
“Em Novembro de 1998, a família Symington propôs a Bruno Prats a participação num novo projecto, que consistia em produzir um grande vinho não fortificado no Douro. A sua concretização deu-se em 1999, com a criação da PRATS & SYMINGTON Limitada como uma parceria equitativa entre as duas famílias. Algumas vinificações experimentais nesse primeiro ano permitiram definir e escolher as melhores parcelas e as castas mais adequadas para o projecto. O CHRYSEIA 2000 foi a primeira colheita a ser comercializada.”
“Deep garnet centre with vivid velvet-red rim. Aromas of plums and attractive resinous notes. Lush and mouth-filling with satisfying pure and compact black fruits, displaying undertones of mineral and spice, underscored by fine acidity.”
Deep garnet centre with vivid velvet-red rim. Aromas of plums and attractive resinous notes. Lush and mouth-filling with satisfying pure and compact black fruits, displaying undertones of mineral and spice, underscored by fine acidity.
- Winemaker: Bruno Prats and Charles Symington
- Winemaking: Grape origins from Quinta de Roriz, picking between September 9th and October 5th. Quinta da Perdiz, picking started September 23rd, and ended October 5th. Manual triage is undertaken on a sorting table after which the grapes are de-stemmed before passing through a second berry-by-berry mechanical selection, prior to being gently crushed. The grapes are then relayed to the fermentation vats, and once in the vats they are inoculated with a specially selected yeast culture and fermentation taking place around 25ºC. Maceration is very gentle and adjusted in such a way as to produce a wine intended for earlier drinking, nevertheless, with a great ability to mature in bottle. Ageing 13 months in French oak barrels of 400 L.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz.
- Food Pairing: This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- Store and Serve Advices: Ready for drinking now, although it has the ageing potential to develop further in bottle for a few more years.”
“Intense color of red wine with violet edges. It offers a bouquet of black cherry and cassis with well integrated wood. Tannins in front of the palate silky, soft developing a structure with a final full mouth fresh fruit.”