The Quinta do Portal Reserva of Quinta Do Portal: a red wine from Douro made of touriga franca, tinta roriz and touriga nacional. The Quinta do Portal Reserva is the ideal red to combine with red meat and meat.
“Tasting Notes: Ruby color, red and black fruit aromas. Elegant floral aromas in perfect harmony. Firm and expressive tannins. Long and complex with a beautiful profile. Serving at: 16-17ºC. We recommend with: Carnes vermelhas | Caça | Queijos intensos.”
With a beautiful ruby colour, this wine shows aromas of ripe fruit and elegant floral notes in perfect harmony with the oak. In the mouth is well structured with soft but expressive tannins that are balanced with the fruit. The final is long and complex revealing us that cellaring this wine a few more years could be a good decision, but we can not loose the opportunity to enjoy it right now with a good pairing.
- Winemaker: Paulo Coutinho
- Winemaking: Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel with maceration at 24-26°C. Ageing for 9 months in new and used French oak barrels.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca.
- Food Pairing: The wine will replay careful cellaring for up to 5 years, but is execellent now with full flavoured meat dishes and cheese.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve at a temperature of 16-17ºC.”
“The Quinta do Portal Reserva has a red cherry colour. Has aroma of cherry and red fruit. This is what is called a fleshy wine.
I had the pleasure of taking it with a barbecue.
It was served at a wedding.”
“Tasting Notes: ?A blend of Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Franca, from our South faced vineyards. It is well structured, complex with expressive but with smooth tannins well integrated with the fruit. A truly distinctive wine!
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca
Pairing: Hunting, Red Meat, Pasta, Cheese Strong,??”