Cossart Gordon & Co. (Madeira)
Product not available in United States
If you liked Cossart Gordon 5 Years Boal Medium Sweet, you may also enjoy...
Description · Cossart Gordon & Co.
Cossart Gordon 5 Years Boal Medium Sweet (Bobal)
- View: Amber color with streaks of gold.
- Nose: rich and complex with ripe fruit or candied fruit, vanilla and caramel aroma. The fruity aroma is well balanced with acidity.
- Mouth: The palate is sweet, with flavors of vanilla, chocolate and nuts, but at the same time fresh and well balanced, by the presence of citrus notes. Finale persistent and concentrated.
VINEYARD: high quality vineyards located at an altitude of between 100 and 300 m, between Campanário and Calheta, belonging to the Cossart Gordon & Co. house, founded in 1745 by Scotsman Francis Newton, which is now considered one of the oldest companies dealing in Madeira wine.
GRAPES: 100% Bual
AGEING: Aged for 5 years in American oak barrels traditional "Canteiro" way, which provides an artificial warming of the wineries in Funchal. The wine is then passed in special ovens for heating Madeira giving its particular characteristics, respecting the original shipping method when the wine, before reaching the Americas, passes from the tropics and its temperature reaches up to 45 °C.
PREPARATION: After aging, the wine is clarified and filtered before being bottled. Awards: Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge 1999; Bronze Medal - International Wine Challenge 2003.
Pairing: Goes well with aged cheeses such as Gouda or creamy desserts.
RECOMMENDED SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 °C.
Cossart Gordon & Co.
Cossart Gordon & Co. was established in 1745 and is the oldest company in the Madeira Wine trade. Francis Newton, a young Scot sailed from Gravesend in Britain and arrived in Madeira on September 12th 1745, founding the company. He was joined by his younger brother Thomas from 1758 to 1763 and...
Buy Cossart Gordon & Co. Wine:
Highlighted review about Cossart Gordon 5 Years Boal Medium Sweet
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Luscious, medium-rich Madeira with great concentration of flavor and a complex bouquet.
- Winemaker: Francisco Albuquerque
- Winemaking: Aged in American oak casks in the traditional 'Canteiro' method for 5 years. This includes a gentle heating of the wine in the loft of the...