Quevedo Tawny 10 Years Old
- 21/09/15 |
- 4 /
Color light brown with hints of orange. Aroma very balanced with flavors of dried fruit, cinnamon and a certain floral note. Well defined aromas of wood, resulting from ageing in very old oak. On the palate light coffee beans. Nice lingering finish.
- Winemaker: Cláudia Quevedo
- Winemaking: Totally destemmed grapes, followed by a slow fermentation with temperature control up to 28 ºC degrees. Soft filtration.
- Grape Varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Barroca.
- Food Pairing: Serve slightly chilled with foie-gras, as well as with rich and intense cheeses or be served with coffee or chocolates. It is very nice served with desserts made from chocolate, dried fruits and caramel.
- Store and Serve Advices: Bottle should be in the upright position, at a constant temperature and away from intense direct light. After opening, consume preferably in 18 to 20 weeks. It can be served slightly chilled at 12ºC to 14ºC. Port wine is a natural wine, so it may form some natural sediment with time. Pour it carefully, so it does not become cloudy.