Quinta Do Vesuvio (Port)
Technical sheet · Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage
- Type Of Wine:
- fortified wine
- 2000 Other vintages
- Quinta Do Vesuvio
- 75 cl
- Contains Sulfites
If you liked Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2000, you may also enjoy...
Description · Quinta Do Vesuvio
Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2000
TASTING NOTES OF Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 70cl 2000:
- View: purple-black opaque.
- Nose: aromas of violets, with hints of crème de cassis, blackberry and wet earth
- Mouth: rich berry flavors, full body with a solid core of tannins polished
APPELLATION: Porto (Portugal)
VINEYARD: Symington Family Estates
GRAPES: Tinta Barroca, Tinta Amarela, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinto Cao and Sousão
PAIRING: nuts, desserts
Quinta Do Vesuvio
Every year around mid-September in Portugal's remote Upper Douro valley the sound of festive singing can be heard echoing softly over the river Douro late in the evening. It is harvest time at Quinta do Vesuvio and the voice of the ‘capataz', or foreman, can be heard from within the adega,...
Buy Quinta Do Vesuvio Wine:
Highlighted review about Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2000
More reviews about Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2000
Posted on 18/06/18 at 18.39
- View: dark blue.
- Nose: aromas of blackberry and dark berries.
- Mouth: full body. Youth, full of tannins. Lots of fruit. Fruity flavors of...
Posted on 27/06/17 at 14.40
Posted on 26/06/17 at 12.40
- This wine is rich and opulent with the classic nose of ‘violets’. This wine is dark, almost ink-purple. On the palate, has layers of rich concentrated fruit, the tannins are...
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Lovely nose of plums, chocolate and berries, with hints of spices. Full-bodied, with super firm tannins and a tight tannin structure. Long and refined. It builds on your palate.
Posted on 27/04/15 at 13.07
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2010
Reviews about Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2008
Reviews about Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2007