The Martinet Bru of Mas Martinet: a red wine from Priorat that contains garnacha tinta, syrah, merlot, monastrell, garnacha, cariñena and cabernet sauvignon grapes. The Martinet Bru is the ideal red to combine with semi-cured cheese and pork. 4 of 5 points is the average score of this red according to Uvinum users.
“Martinet Bru is one of the first and great messengers of the Priory, messenger for all audiences. It is a wine that conveys passion for the area and scatters among those who try it. One of the classics now enshrined.”
“Martinet Bru 2014 is a red wine from the region of Catalonia and produced by Mas Martinet Viticultors within the denomination D. O. Priorat. In drawing 2014 Martinet Bru Garnacha, Syrah covered by the D. O. Priorat used. Martinet Bru 2014 has been punctuated with - points Penin 91 points Parker.”
“Color pillory with cardenalicio edge, with some precipitate. Good intensity on the nose, mineral notes appear soon slaty that take us to Priorat, aromatic and floral backgrounds, aromas gives them frankly, going out some toast and coffee. The palate is sweet, frank, well structured and balanced, light amargosidad, too soft for Priorat, elegant and with good length.
Development and Aging
The aging period is 15 months in French oak barrels. . . .”
“TASTING NOTES OF Mas Martinet Martinet Bru 2009:
- View: cherry, garnet rim.
- Nose: Powerful aroma, roasted, mineral note.
- Mouth: tasty, balanced, ripe fruit, friendly way, ripe tannins.
VINEYARD: Finca Mas Torrent.
GRAPES: 50% Grenache (Hairy and Black), 20% Syrah, 10% Carignan, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot 10%.
AGEING: 18 months in French oak barrels, 30% new, 40% wine and 30% of two wines.
PREPARATION: fermented with its own yeast in wooden vats or barrels open cement or 26 to 35 days with bazuqueos spaced every two or three days.
PAIRING: Rack of lamb chops Iberian pork, seasonal vegetables grilled.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5%”
- View: Martinet Brut 2007 has an intense color.
- Nose: Aromas genuine.
- Palate: It comes from a single farm, called Mas Torrent, Masos area Falset. It is a farm bordering the DO Montsant and weather like this, but with a stony slate floor. The situation of the vineyard and soil quality side shows the most drinkable and easy to understand: the licorice stick, blackberries, rosemary and sweet tannins.
CELLAR: Mas Martinet”