The Alento is a red wine made by Adega Monte Branco from Alentejo with a blend based on trincadeira, touriga nacional, tinta amarela, tempranillo, garnacha tintorera, alicante bouschet and aragonêz grapes.
“Adega do Monte Branco was born from Luís Louro's willingness to produce, in Alentejo, modern quality wines, predominantly from Portuguese grape varietals. To fulfil this personal project, Luís Louro relied on his professional and educational training in Agro-industrial Engineering taken at the Instituto Superior de Agronomia, with the experience he gained working for six years alongside his father at the Quinta do Mouro, and with the know-how obtained in an internship at Sonoma County, in California, 2002. Alento is the first - and better known - wine brand from Adega do Monte Branco. It bestows the character of Alentejo's regional wines, designed to be special and able to grant a different breath to life. These are the wines produced - on leased vineyards - by Luís Louro, producer and winemaker, who takes upon himself all the technical responsibility of the process. Alento wines are modern, distinctive and produced predominantly from Portuguese grape varietals which combine to perfection two characteristics broadly appreciated: quality and price.”
Made mainly from grape varieties typical of the region. This wine is garnet red in colour, with an intense aroma of red fruits, well-balanced and with a good freshness.
- Winemaker: Luis Louro
- Winemaking: Total de-stemming. Cold soaking for 3 days. Fermentation in stainless steel vats at a temperature of 24/26°C. Grape Varieties: Aragonês, Trincadeira, Alicante Bouschet, Touriga Nacional Tasting Notes: Made mainly from
- Grape Varieties: Aragonês, Trincadeira, Alicante Bouschet, Touriga Nacional.
- Food Pairing: This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- Store and Serve Advices: Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.”
- View: Alento Reserva 2011 is red garnet and clear
- Nose: intense aromas of ripe fruit, cherries, plums, but also spicy notes of vanilla and licorice.
- Mouth: The palate is velvety, well-integrated tannins. Smooth, creamy and balanced.
CELLAR: Adega Monte Branco
GRAPES: 40% Aragonez, 40% Alicante Bouschet, Touriga Nacional 10% and 10% Syrah.