Dona Maria Vinhos is the maker of this Dona Maria Rosé , a rosé wine from Alentejo made of touriga nacional and aragonêz. The Dona Maria Rosé is the ideal rosé to combine with fruits and desserts. Uvinum users reviewed this rosé wine with 4 of 5 points.
“Located in the Portuguese region of the Alentejo, XVIII is a landmark, not only for its unique beauty, but Also for its history and quality of the wines produced there. This is the most beautiful house in the area, Which preserves its original Baroque style architecture Joanino. For over 150 years Has Been wine produced on this Thursday, but it was only at the beginning of the new millennium que Julio Bastos Began this new project, Dona Maria wines. The old winery of the Fifth Has Been restored, expanded and equipped with the best and most modern technology, always Maintaining the famous marble mills of the century. XIX, where, still today, is made the selected vinification of grapes, using the traditional step of the grape”
“TASTING NOTES OF Dona Maria Rosé 2014:
- View: light pink, salmon tones.
- Nose: fresh tropical fruit notes.
- Mouth: Very fresh and fruity, pleasant feeling of tropical frtos and strawberry, good acidity and lingering finish.
GRAPES: Aragonez 60% and 40% Touriga Nacional
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12.5%”
Fresh and tropical fruit sensations. Very fresh and fruity. Pleasant sense of tropical fruits and strawberry. Very good acidity and persistent finish.
- Winemaker: Sandra Gonçalves
- Grape Varieties: Aragonês, Touriga Nacional.
- Food Pairing: Excellent with lean grilled meat, pasta, pizza and ideal with aperetifs. Also goes well with tapas, sushi, risotto and highly seasoned fish.
- Store and Serve Advices: Recommended serving at a temperature of 8 to 10ºC”