“The Quinta Pedra da Cancela is the fruit of the passion for the wine of the Gouveia family. The winemaking operation Has Been a family activity for Several generations, in the beginning They Were delivering Their grapes at the Adega Cooperativa. In 1999 with the end of the higher studies in Viticulture and Enology of John Paul Gouveia, son of João Coelho Gouveia, They decide to create Their own wine. The vineyards Were restructured, others Were acquired and a modern wine cellar was built and with a high technology, all respecting the culture of the Dão demarcated region. In 2014 the name of the company Became Stone Cancels Dão Wines Ltd.”
Technical sheet · Pedra Cancela Seleção do Enólogo
Shows a nice floral component, a fragrant tone, which join ripe blackberries, a touch of fresh herbs. Harmonious, with pure fruit always in the foreground, very clean, inviting.
- Winemaker: João Paulo Gouveia
- Winemaking: Gentle maceration and fermentation at a controled temperature between 16 and 18 C. Stage for six months in oak barrels "Allier" and three months ageing in cellar before being released to the market.
- Grape Varieties: Tinta Roriz, Alfrocheiro, Touriga Nacional.
- Food Pairing: Great to pair with Red meats and soft cheeses.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve at 16ºC.”