No big fruity expression, is stylish, outspoken and a superb minerality. This full-bodied with good acidity and balanced and dense ending in the mouth.
- Winemaker: Anselmo Mendes
- Winemaking: Vineyards with more than 12 years, sandy loam soil, low average production. High levels of sugar and acids which reveals its high potential. In more than 20 parcels of Alvarinho, one and only one for 10 years for his behavior deserves the title of unique. Stalk and maceration 24h/15 º C. Pressing done in vertical presses Fermentation between 15 º C and 22 º C in used barrels of 400 liters. Stage on total lees for 9 months with weekly removel. Stage in bottle for a minimum of 6 months.
- Grape Varieties: Alvarinho.
- Food Pairing: Accompanies preferably grilled fish and seafood.
- Store and Serve Advices: It must be drunk very cold at a temperature of 6 to 8ºC.”
“I don't know if there are problems with the 2011 vintage, but I thought the colour was a straw-yellow. It has aromas of white flowers. Smoky notes in the mouth.
It did not match with our dinner.
My partner loves this Vinho Verde.”