“There is a new style of vinho verde, which alert sommeliers like to buy now. Not the slightly sweet and slightly sparkling wines that you might know of a holiday in Portugal. This dry wine from the grape varieties Loureiro, Alvarinho Avesso and is one of the best wines that we know from the region. The smell is very fruity with aromas of citrus, green apple, gooseberry and slightly minerally. An appealing freshness, making the wine combines very well with food.”
Well balanced wine, full of citrus notes of grapefruit and lemon, delicate floral notes. At the same time light and intense, full of freshness and flavor.
- Winemaker: Anselmo Mendes
- Winemaking: Receipt of whole grapes in boxes of 20kgs. Whole grapes are taken to the vertical presses without stemming. The wort was decanted for 48 hours at 12 ° C, and then discharged into containers for small stainless steel tanks where fermented at constant temperature for 15 days occurs. Cold stabilization before bottling. Stage 4 months on fine lees in stainless steel tanks, with periodic bâtonnages.
- Grape Varieties: Alvarinho, Loureiro, Avesso.
- Food Pairing: It is an excellent wine with fish, salads, white meats and cheeses or as an aperitif.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serve at a temperature between 8 to 10º C.”