Bodega Cepa 21 produces the Hito , a red wine from Ribera del Duero based on tinto fino. The Hito is the ideal red to combine with ragout and soft cheese. Uvinum users evaluate this red wine with 4 out of 5 points.
- View: cherry red color good coat.
- Nose: black fruit compote, ripe, complex and contributions of spices and licorice. Mouth
Aging: in French oak barrels and American Grapes: 100% Tinto Fino”
“TASTING NOTES OF Hito C21 2013:
- View: cherry red, violet colors marked thin layer.
- Nose: intense and complex red fruit, black blueberry, blackberry and raspberry.
- Mouth: elegant hardwood subtle notes of toasted and black licorice, meaty with sweet tannins with volume, long aftertaste.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
VINEYARD: Bodega Cepa 21
GRAPES: Tempranillo (100%).
PAIRING: salads, pizzas, roasts, big and small, barbecues, poultry, pasta and rice.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%”
“The word "HITO"" means milestone. a stone post. sometimes carved. used to indicate direction or distance on roads or to delimit fields. HITO was created as a young wine in order to complete the range of this modern. innovative winery. Made from the youngest vines of the winery. grafted with Tinto Fino clones from the flagship vineyards of Bodegas Emilio Moro.
Cherry red colour covered with clear violets around the rim. The nose is very intense and complex. Red fruits of raspberry and strawberry. black ones of blackcurrant. mulberry and blackberry. Elegant fine oak. subtly toasted with notes of black licorice.
Fleshy with sweet tannins that give volume. and with a long aftertaste.
8 months in 100% French oak barrels. Temperature: 14-16º”