Bodegas Protos (Ribera del Duero)
Product not available in United States
Technical sheet · Protos Crianza
- Type Of Wine:
- red wine
- 2014 Other vintages
- Bodegas Protos
- 75 cl Other volumes
- MeatPastaVegetable mealsStartersGrilled meatsGameRed meatBirdsPasta BologneseVegetable dishesHam and sausagesJamon Iberico
- Contains Sulfites
- Alcohol Vol.:
- Consumption Temp.:
If you liked Protos Crianza 2014, you may also enjoy...
Description · Bodegas Protos
Protos Crianza 2014 (Tempranillo and Tinto Fino)
Protos Crianza 2014 is a Spanish red from the DO Ribera del Duero, located in Castilia and León, and elaborated by the famous Bodegas Protos. It is one of the winery's bestselling wines which comes as no surprise since its production is high both in quantity and quality. Protos Crianza 2014 definitely deserves the 93 points granted by the Guía Peñín, one of Spain's most prestigious wine guides. This red is a Ribera classic for a reasonable price and turns out to be both delicious and balanced. It is best served with red meat, charcuterie and ripe cheeses.
TASTING NOTES OF Protos Crianza 2014:
- View: dark cherry red garnet, clean and intense rim.
- Nose: Aromas of red and black forest berries, also caramel and balsamic.
- Mouth: powerful, fruity, toasty, intense, with good acidity and a long finish and slightly smoky.
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero.
VINEYARD: Bodegas Protos
TEMPERATURE: 15- 18 °C.
Protos, which comes from the Greek word for "FIRST", has the pride and the privilege of having found maturity and ease in the best and the foremost of the wineries in the area and of having been a recognized trademark all this time. In 1927, boldness and the love a group of local vine...
Buy Bodegas Protos Wine:
Highlighted review about Protos Crianza 2014
Posted on 17/02/18 at 03.46
- View: Protos Crianza presents a cherry red color with garnet rim and purple flashes
- Nose: Aroma of ripe fruit (plums, blackberries), we also see in red wine Protos Crianza toasted touches of oak clean and frank
- Mouth: Large uniform and very fine tannins
It is one of the...
More reviews about Protos Crianza 2014
Posted on 02/01/18 at 14.28
- View: Cherry.
- Nose: Red fruit. Mineral, woodsy, balsamic.
- Mouth: fruity, toasty, smoky.
APPELLATION: O.D. Ribera del Duero
VINEYARD: Bodegas Protos...
Posted on 18/12/17 at 11.56
- View: cherry red, purple flashes youth.
- Nose: red and black fruits, well assembled wood, sweet and pleasant toasted spices.
- Mouth: good structure, tasty,...
Posted on 07/08/16 at 09.39
Did not seem well with fish, I would have preferred a vegetable stew.
A friend invited me especially to try this Protos...
Posted on 07/02/18 at 04.10
BODEGA: Protos S.L.
Red wine aged for 14 months in barrels of French and American oak and a further maturation of 12 months in bottle.
Posted on 03/02/18 at 04.14
Posted on 23/01/18 at 13.04
Posted on 17/01/18 at 04.20
Posted on 05/12/17 at 09.33
Posted on 17/02/16 at 04.53
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Protos Crianza 2013
Reviews about Protos Crianza 2012
Reviews about Protos Crianza 2011
Reviews about Protos Crianza 2009