Vega Sicilia (Ribera del Duero)
Technical sheet · Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2008 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Ribera del Duero (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Volume:||75 cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Tinto Fino (93%), Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Tempranillo|
|Pairing:||MeatRiceDuckStartersPâté or foie grasBraised BeefRed meatGameGrilled meatsGrilled foieSoups and stewsSoupsHam and sausagesCheeseDry cheeseHard cheeseFoie|
|Ending Year For Optimal Consumption:||2030|
If you liked Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2008, you may also enjoy...
Description · Vega Sicilia
Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2008 (Tinto Fino, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot and Tempranillo)
- Colour: Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2008 is ruby red, intense, clean and bright.
- Nose: intense, complex and nuanced. Firstly, the dominating aromas of its aging can be appreciated which gradually give way to a red and black fruit in its maturation followed by different nuances like balsamic, spicy, roasted, smoked.
- Palate: An expressive wine, balanced, complex, well structured, long and very pleasant.
DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN: Ribera del Duero
VINEYARD: Bodegas Vega Sicilia
GRAPES: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Tempranillo.
AGING: 25 months in barrels of French and American oak.
METHOD: This wine origines from younger vines and it is mainly composed by Merlot Tempranillo and Cabernet Sauvignon.
PAIRING: stew, big game, deer
TEMPERATURE: 16 ° C.
ALCOHOL: 14.5% Vol
Vega Sicilia winery is probably the most recognized Spanish wine-growing estate on international level. It was founded by Eloy Lecanda in 1864. During its nearly 150 years of history, the owners of the winery changed but the wines always have kept their personality: concentrated, genres and...
Buy Vega Sicilia Wine:
Highlighted review about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2008
More reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2008
Posted on 16/07/15 at 16.00
- View: In maroon cherry with orange trim, with good acidity balanced with a good alcoholic.
- Nose: Good development in the bottle, the fruit of a good first sojourn in barrel,...
Posted on 16/07/15 at 15.56
- View: Vega Sicilia Valbuena 2008 has a ruby red, intense, clean and shiny.
- Nose: intense, complex, nuanced nose. Start aromas dominate its aging that gradually give way to a...
Posted on 16/07/15 at 15.41
- View: ruby red
- Nose: aromas of green
- Mouth: Attack fine and dandy given way to a medium soft mouth
APPELLATION: Ribera del Duero (Spain)...
Posted on 18/06/15 at 05.14
I found it outstanding
Posted on 02/10/13 at 09.50
It was given to us in a wine tasting stand of red.
Posted on 18/04/19 at 03.50
Alcohol content: 13.5 °
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2012
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2010
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2009
Reviews about Vega Sicilia Valbuena 5º Año 2006