- View: straw yellow
REGION: Peninsula de Setubal
NAME: Peninsula de Setubal
GRAPES: Fernao Pires (60%) Chardonnay (30%) Arinto (10%)
AWARDS: 91/100 Wine Enthusiast
MARRIAGE: Appetizers - Fish
Observations: Aged in stainless steel tanks for Arinto and Fernao Pires
good intensity aromas with a predominance of tropical notes, but also with notes of white fruits
Nice freshness and light fat that gives roundness and length to this wine
Aged in new French oak barrels for Chardonnay during 4 months.”
“O vinho Catarina representa para a Bacalhôa Vinhos de Portugal uma marca e uma referência de prestígio universal. Feito a partir de duas castas portuguesas, Fernão Pires e Arinto, e uma casta francesa, Chardonnay, voltam a encontrar-se duas origens distintas que vivem em cumplicidade num vinho fresco e aromático, para se partilhar à mesa ou num final de tarde. Catarina é um vinho que transmite jovialidade e elegância, representando os valores universais da Bacalhôa: consistência na qualidade e acessibilidade. Para que todos possam desfrutar de um grande vinho.”
Pale yellow colour, this crop appears to be very delicate, elegant, mineral and floral. In the mouth these impressions are supplemented with notes of yellow fruit such as peach and pineapple, combined with subtle sensations of toasted wood, with a firm finish, very fresh, mineral, long and complex.
- Winemaker: Filipa Tomaz da Costa
- Winemaking: Both the Fernão Pires must and the Arinto must are fermented separately in stainless steel vats the Chardonnay ferments in French oak casks. The Chardonnay was aged for four and a half months in French oak casks.
- Grape Varieties: Fernão Pires, Chardonnay, Arinto.
- Food Pairing: Soup and fish dishes, as well as spicy dishes, given its body and aromatic complexity. We also recommend it with Azeitão cheese for a contrasting flavour.
- Store and Serve Advices: Serving Temperature at 10-12°C.”
“Its intense colour attracted me. In my opinion, the Catarina smelled like mango, banana and pear. Strong flavours of red fruits.
With seafood from the Mediterranean.
In a tasting course we had the pleasure to try.”