González Byass (Sherry)
Product not available in United States
The Néctar Pedro Ximénez is a special sherry wine made by González Byass. The vineyard for the Pedro Ximénez grapes lies in Jerez at roundabout 20-70 m above sea-level. However, the grape variety PX only occupies 5% of the cultivation site while the remaining are traditionally dedicated to the Palomino variety. This matter of fact turns González Byass into the only bodega cultivating Pedro Ximenez in Jerez. Before the vinification, the grape underlies a special process. After the harvest, the grapes are collocated on the floor to dry in the sun. The water in the grapes evaporates and the sugar concentration increases. This way, the PX delivers a delicious basis for a lovely, sweet and full-bodied sherry like this Néctar Pedro Ximénez .
Technical sheet · Néctar Pedro Ximénez
|Type Of Wine:||fortified wine|
|Volume:||75cl Other volumes|
If you liked Néctar Pedro Ximénez, you may also enjoy...
Description · González Byass
Néctar Pedro Ximénez (Pedro Ximénez)
TASTING NOTES: Néctar Pedro Ximénez
- View: Dark mahogany colour, very dense
- Nose: Sweet aromas of raisins and caramel with smooth nuances of wood.
- Mouth: Delicate, sweet, full-bodied and well-balanced. Hints of raisins and dates, lovely and indulging on the palate.
WINERY: González Byass
GRAPES: 100% Pedro Ximenez
PREPARATION: Soft pressing of the grapes to obtain a must with a high concentration of sugar. Parts of the fermentation in tanks of stainless steel. After the fortification process with a spirit to 15,5%, this sherry comes into 'Solera de Nectar'.
AGEING: The Néctar Pedro Ximénez rests for a roundabout of 9 years in American oak following the traditional Solera system.
PAIRING: Great for vanilla ice cream
ABV: 15% Vol.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8-10ºC
Gonzalez Byass was founded in 1835 when the young Manuel Maria Gonzalez Angel reached Jerez willing to take a place in the prosperous and thriving sherry business. Encouraged by the continuous development of exports, in the same year he acquired a small winery and started to produce and, finally,...
Buy González Byass Wine:
Highlighted review about Néctar Pedro Ximénez
More reviews about Néctar Pedro Ximénez
Posted on 09/10/17 at 17.10
I would resume!
Posted on 17/04/16 at 22.13
Posted on 20/01/16 at 15.38
Posted on 03/12/15 at 19.16
- View: Néctar Px has a dark mahogany colour, high density.
- Nose: the-dates are noted, and mainly figs.
- Mouth: Good pace, intense input, much sweetness, comprehensive and...
Posted on 22/10/14 at 17.25
- View: Nectar Pedro Ximenez shows a dark mahogany color.
- Nose: aromas of chocolate presents, spirituous, raisiny fruit, pastry
- Mouth: The wine is sweet, rich, powerful,...