The Best in Brandy: Portuguese Brandies for Your Quality Vintage
When we are looking for a quality vintage of brandy, we do not have to look any further than Portugal. This is a country will we find some famous brandy recipes, such as the Macieira, which is a brandy from Portugal, but there are also many other finely aged brandies from Portugal. The ageing process of Portuguese brandy includes different vintages and D.O. spirits, such as:
Aliança Velha Brandy
Like with many other brandies from around the world, the grading system determines that vintage and quality of Portuguese brandies, which include:
• VS—means very special and is the youngest of the brandy grades available.
• VSOP—is a grade of brandy that is aged slightly longer, but still has a light pale colour and smooth taste.
• XO –is the grade that is put on some of the oldest brandy, and it usually has a stronger taste and smell, as well as a darker colour than VS or VSOP brandy.
• Old or Velha brandy—is usually an older XO vintage, which has the darkest colour, distinct taste and smell.
These are some of the different grades of brandy, which are usually not regulated outside of France, but they are also used on some of the finest quality Portuguese brandies that you will find here.
“Date back 1865, Macieira is been enjoyed for many years and is a Portugal's long-produced brandy. Distilled from wines made using local grapes and aged in oak to produced an easy drinking spirit. Recognized internationally, Macieira has won several awards since its presence at the World...”read
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Aliança XO 40 Years: - Colour: amber. - Flavour: notes of dried fruit and elegant tannins. - Taste: rich, fruity and very velvety. PRODUCER: Aliança Vinhos de Portugal. COUNTRY: Portugal. PAIRING: as an appetizer...
TASTING NOTES OF Constantino Brandy: - Color: deep yellow hue, green hues. - Flavour: powerful aroma, with intense high quality wood, typical notes of the most noble brandies such as spices. - Taste: very soft, almost velvety consistency and a very elegant...
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Macieira: - Color: golden amber. - Flavour: nose of plum, spice and earthy notes. - Taste: soft, with an attractive flavor of toffee. PRODUCER: House Macieira. COUNTRY: Portugal. PRODUCTION DETAILS: obtained...
“- Macieira brandy is produced from the best Portuguese grapes, revealing an unique aroma and flavor, result of traditional production methods with more than 100 years
- It is obtained from wine spirits with a minimum of six months aging in oak casks and from the distillation of grapes Arinto,...”read
TASTING NOTES: - Color: Brandy 1L shows a golden colour, - Smell: Lightly scented wood. - Mouth: mild flavour WINEMAKING: aged in oak barrels silence naturally acquiring the colour, flavour and smoothness that characterize it. CELLAR: Carvalho, Ribeiro...
“Croft Brandy is produced in "Croft House", one of the oldest home-exporting port wine, a symbol of quality and tradition since 1678 that signs the best nectars tradition and quality of the Douro. Croft is produced based on an established formulation over time. Produced from the finest wines from...”read
TASTING NOTES OF Aliança Velha Brandy: - Golden Colour. - Flavour: notes of roasted coffee and nuts. - Taste: Again, velvety finish notes of nuts and complex. PRODUCER: Aliança Vinhos de Portugal. COUNTRY: Portugal. PRODUCTION DETAILS: from the distillation...
“Aliança Velha is the most sold Firewater of the market. It staged during 3 years in barrels of Portuguese and American oak. Of golden colour, it presents toasted notes of coffee and dry fruits. Complex and velvety finish. Ideal to drink as digestive.”read
“- Brandy SuperiorConstantino is made from high-quality grape spirit
- After two years' maturation in big oak vats, it takes on an attractive golden colour and an intense, very "winey" aroma
- Very smooth and velvety in the mouth, intense and fine, with notes of spices and almonds that are so...”read
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Dalva VSOP : - Color: dark amber, many golden hues. - Flavour: a complex aroma with lots of oak and vanilla, the result of long aging in oak barrels. - Taste: in the mouth, and peristente explosive aftertaste. PRODUCER: C....
“- Brandy Borges Reserva dos Fundadores is aclear andtopaz color brandy
- Its aromareveals wood and dried fruit
- Soft and strong taste, with a long aftertaste due to being aged in wood
- Alcohol Grade: 38%
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Croft: - Golden colour. - Flavour: aromas of dried fruits and vanilla. - Taste: balanced, smooth, velvety and slightly sweet flavor. PRODUCER: Croft House. COUNTRY: Portugal. PRODUCTION DETAILS: Produced from the finest wines...
“- The bitter almond is a traditional Portuguese liquor, particularly of the southern region, Algarve
- It is produced by traditional and unique processes and can be consumed simple (fresh) with ice (crushed or on the rocks), together with lemon juice or as an ingredient in a cocktail
“- This brandy is aged in french oak barrels, used previously for Mouchão wines
- The result is a golden pomace brandy, with a complex aroma derived from the wood
- An unctuous body, complemented with the freshness that distinguishes these old brandies
- Alcohol Grade:50%
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Ramos Pinto Old: -color: Light Amber. -Olor: You can appreciate aromas of vanilla, fruit and citrus, with some toasted wood tones. -Taste: Dominated by sweet vanilla and fruit flavors. Tannins are complete and the final has burnished....