The Best in Brandy: Portuguese Brandies for Your Quality Vintage
When we are looking for a quality vintage of brandy, we do not have to look any further than Portugal. This is a country will we find some famous brandy recipes, such as the Macieira, which is a brandy from Portugal, but there are also many other finely aged brandies from Portugal. The ageing process of Portuguese brandy includes different vintages and D.O. spirits, such as:
Aliança Velha Brandy
Like with many other brandies from around the world, the grading system determines that vintage and quality of Portuguese brandies, which include:
• VS—means very special and is the youngest of the brandy grades available.
• VSOP—is a grade of brandy that is aged slightly longer, but still has a light pale colour and smooth taste.
• XO –is the grade that is put on some of the oldest brandy, and it usually has a stronger taste and smell, as well as a darker colour than VS or VSOP brandy.
• Old or Velha brandy—is usually an older XO vintage, which has the darkest colour, distinct taste and smell.
These are some of the different grades of brandy, which are usually not regulated outside of France, but they are also used on some of the finest quality Portuguese brandies that you will find here.
TASTING NOTES OF Constantino Brandy: - Color: deep yellow hue, green hues. - Flavour: powerful aroma, with intense high quality wood, typical notes of the most noble brandies such as spices. - Taste: very soft, almost velvety consistency and a very elegant...
“TASTING NOTES Crf Brandy 75cl 1920:
- Color: dark golden.
- Odor: slightly woodsy aroma.
- Mouth: smooth taste, with a hint of vanilla.
PRODUCER: Carvalho, Ribeiro & Ferreira.
DETAILS OF PREPARATION: Distilled of the best wines aged in oak barrels for 2 years.”read
TASTING NOTES OF Aliança Velha Brandy: - Golden Colour. - Flavour: notes of roasted coffee and nuts. - Taste: Again, velvety finish notes of nuts and complex. PRODUCER: Aliança Vinhos de Portugal. COUNTRY: Portugal. PRODUCTION DETAILS: from the distillation...
“Aliança Velha is the most sold Firewater of the market. It staged during 3 years in barrels of Portuguese and American oak. Of golden colour, it presents toasted notes of coffee and dry fruits. Complex and velvety finish. Ideal to drink as digestive.”read
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Dalva VSOP : - Color: dark amber, many golden hues. - Flavour: a complex aroma with lots of oak and vanilla, the result of long aging in oak barrels. - Taste: in the mouth, and peristente explosive aftertaste. PRODUCER: C....
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Borges Reserva dos Fundadores: - Color: Light topaz. - Smell: noticeable smell of wood and nuts. - Mouth: soft and strong, with a long aftertaste. PRODUCER: Borges. COUNTRY: Portugal. DETAILS OF PREPARATION: careful distillation...
“- Brandy Borges Reserva dos Fundadores is aclear andtopaz color brandy
- Its aromareveals wood and dried fruit
- Soft and strong taste, with a long aftertaste due to being aged in wood
- Alcohol Grade: 38%
“- This brandy is aged in french oak barrels, used previously for Mouchão wines
- The result is a golden pomace brandy, with a complex aroma derived from the wood
- An unctuous body, complemented with the freshness that distinguishes these old brandies
- Alcohol Grade:50%
TASTING NOTES OF Brandy Ramos Pinto Old: -color: Light Amber. -Olor: You can appreciate aromas of vanilla, fruit and citrus, with some toasted wood tones. -Taste: Dominated by sweet vanilla and fruit flavors. Tannins are complete and the final has burnished....