The winery Bottega elaborates this Idiom Bordeaux Blend , a red wine from Stellenbosch that contains merlot, cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc grapes. 4 of 5 points is the average score of this red according to Uvinum users.
“- A full-bodied blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
- It is very expressive on the nose with sour blueberry and cherry aromas competing well with blackcurrant leaf and soft smoke.
- On the palate, there are good firm tannins with lots of restrained red and black fruit with hints of vanilla, spice and dark roasted coffee.
- A succulent wine with a long finish.”
“- Inviting aromas of cassis, hazelnuts and marzipan spills over into subtle dark fruit, with tannins and a complex long lingering finish.
- Full bodied blend of Cabernet sauvignon (43%), Merlot (31%) and Cabernet franc (25%).
- These grapes received six days cold pre-fermentation maceration prior to fermentation in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then moved into 225L barrels, 50% new French and Hungarian oak for 14 months maturation.
- Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon 43%, Merlot 31%, and Cabernet Franc 25%.”