The Le Volte : a red wine from Tuscany produced by Tenuta dell'Ornellaia based on cabernet sauvignon, merlot and sangiovese. The Le Volte is the ideal red to combine with game and red meat. Uvinum users evaluate this red wine with 4 out of 5 points.
“- The conditions during late gestation period have fully brought out the crispness and freshness of fruity notes
- In the mouth, the tannins are good to feel silky, refined and absolutely no edges, so he can look good even in comparison to warmer years
- Le Volte dellundAElig; Ornellaia is particularly thanks to the wonderful Merlot 2014, a balanced, harmonious wine that tastes very good
- Allergens: contains sulfites”
“Perfect balance between tannic structure and fruity expression.
- Perfect combination of mature but energetic fruit with a silky texture and generous accompanied by a fresh and lively acidity.”
“Le Volte dell'Ornellaia is a blend created with utmost care that combines the best terroirs of Tuscany. It combines the Mediterranean expression of opulence and generosity with intensity and complexity of skills. The softness of the Merlot, the important structure and the intensity of the Cabernet Sauvignon supported by lively Sangiovese personality, create a unique blend that reflects the integrity and style that inspires the philosophy dell'Ornellaia”
“TASTING NOTES OF Le Volte Rosso 2013:
- View: dense, intense and dark cherry.
- Nose: aromas of ripe fruit.
- Mouth: medium body, firm, pleasant, balanced fruit on a long finish.
VINEYARD: Tenuta dell'Ornellaia
GRAPES: 50% Sangiovese, 35% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon.
WINE PAIRING: entrées, pasta, red and white meats and cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 18-20 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%”
- View: Ornellaia Le Volte 2011 has a ruby red colour.
- Nose: The wine is rich and full bodied, with all components in perfect balance. Intense colour and bouquet, free deep notes of dark fruit, violets and sweet spices.
- Mouth: The palate offers a wide vein of finely woven, bright tannins, creating a velvety feeling in the mouth. Poster Fruit and Spice Lace progression, which comes to a quiet end loaded energy enlivened by racy acidity.
GRAPES: 50% Merlot, 30% Sangiovese, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
CELLAR: Tenuta dell'Ornellaia”
“Le Volte is the expression of a carefully crafted blend.
The cuvée brings together the best terroirs of Tuscany and combines the Mediterranean expression of opulence and generosity with structure and complexity.
The softness of Merlot, the firm structure and depth of Cabernet Sauvignon supported by the vivacious personality of Sangiovese, create a unique blend which reflects the integrity and style which inspire the philosophy of the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia Estate.”
“Vino equilibrato e di grande piacevolezza, Le Volte è una cuvée che assembla i migliori terroir della Toscana, abbinando lespressione mediterranea del Sangiovese, che dona opulenza e generosità, con la struttura e la complessità del Cabernet Sauvignon e la morbidezza del Merlot.
Nato nel 1991, Le Volte riflette lintegrità e lo stile che ispira tutta la gamma di Tenuta dellOrnellaia.”
“Le Volte Ornellaia is a blend created with the utmost care that combines the best terroirs of Tuscany. It is an intense red color, the nose is perceived intense notes of black fruit, violets and spice. On the palate, it is characterized by fine and smooth tannins, leaving a silky feel.
Ornellaia was founded in 1981 near the village of Bolgheri on the Tuscan coast. The originality of these places has been described by the great Carducci.”
“A red for any occassion. It had been opened at a wine event.
Intense ruby tone. This Le Volte Le Volte with its raspberry aromas might be considered as delicacy. Le Volte Le Volte was ok, the kind of my taste.”