Rafael Palacios (Valdeorras)
Technical sheet · As Sortes
If you liked As Sortes 2017, you may also enjoy...
Description · Rafael Palacios
As Sortes 2017 (Godello)
- View: Golden yellow color, very clean and stands out for its beautiful shine.
- Nose: The aroma is very complex. It can be perceived ripe fruit, light floral aromas, mineral and it is also possible to see some sweet spices with some toasty notes.
- Mouth: In notable for being very broad, intense, rich and voluminous palate, shows a huge elegacia. white fruit is perceived as pear, certain citrus flavors and a slight mineral memory. Excellent balance between acidity and sweetness. Its finish is long and persistent.
APPELLATION: O.D. Valdeorras.
VINEYARD: Rafael Palacios.
AGEING: This wine spent 8 months in French oak barrels.
DEVELOPMENT: The grapes are grown in sandy soil of decomposed granite. Harvesting is done manually, then brought to press pressing steel and most juice is extracted. This is placed to ferment and after this the wine is stored in French oak barrels.
PAIRING: Sushi; dishes prepared with spices, white meats, Asian cuisine.
TEMPERATURE: 10 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
Rafael Palacios is the son of D. Jose Palacios Remondo (founder of Bodegas Palacios Remondo) and a passion for making white wines. After making his first target in the family winery, Plácet, decides to create his own winery in Galicia, in the Valley Bibei under the name of Valdeorras, where he...
Buy Rafael Palacios Wine:
Highlighted review about As Sortes 2017
Posted on 11/07/19 at 12.19
More reviews about As Sortes 2017
Posted on 06/05/19 at 15.03
- belongs to the D. O. Valdeorras and grapes is made 100% Godella, organically grown.
- Located on the higher slopes of the Valley...
Posted on 29/12/18 at 04.07
Posted on 11/12/18 at 10.54
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about As Sortes 2013
Reviews about As Sortes 2009
Reviews about As Sortes 2008