From Poliziano (Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano), we received this Poliziano Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone , a red wine vinified from prugnolo gentile. According to Uvinum users, this red wine earns 4 out of 5 points.
Technical sheet · Poliziano Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone
“Asinone comes only produced in the best vintage years and the number of produced bottles indicates the quality of the same vintage year. Medium the production is of approximately 20.000-40.000 bottles. In the vintage years in which it does not come bottled, Asinone is declassed to Nobleman of Montepulciano base.”
“- The Asinone from Tuscany is made from 80% Prugnolo Gentile and 20% Merlot grapes
- After fermentation, the wine is aged for 18 months in oak barrels, then carried an 8-month aging in bottles
- The wine is ruby red, with violet hues
- The nose is intense, with notes of plum and cocoa
- This sophisticated wine for special occasions is very well suited to veal, beef and game dishes and aged cheeses
- The wine has a potential of several years
- Allergens: contains sulfites”
- View: Poliziano Nobile Di Montepulciano Asinone 2010 shows a bright ruby color with garnet tones
- Nose: notes of currant, black cherry and Granada.
- Mouth: Dense concentrations exceptional and always pronounced tannins. Bodied flavors of cherry and spice
PAIRING: boiled red meats, game, stews and sauces, hard cheeses.
GRAPES: 100% Prugnolo Gentile (Sangiovese Grosso)
“In a tasting course we had the pleasure to try.
Nice colour. Nice aromas of blackberries in this . The Poliziano Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Asinone is a well-bodied wine .
The perfect wine to serve it with Faggot (food).”