Abadía Retuerta (VT Castilla y León)
Technical sheet · Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2014 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||VT Castilla y León (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Awards:||Great Goldmedal - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2017|
If you liked Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014, you may also enjoy...
Description · Abadía Retuerta
Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014 (Tempranillo)
TASTING NOTES OF Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014:
- View: Intense cherry red.
- Nose: broad aromas, Mediterranean herbs, fruit aromas, ripe red fruit, wild strawberry, raspberry, cherry and licorice.
- Mouth: good entry, soft, pulpy, deep, structured, fruity, fine, ripe, velvety, noble, character, long and persistent tannins.
APPELLATION: VT Castilla y León.
VINEYARD: Abadía Retuerta
AGEING: 19 months in new French oak barrels Allier.
WINE PAIRING: All kinds of meats, roasts, venison, beef, ham, stew, civet and cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 15-17 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
The Abadía Retuerta winery is located at the center of the privileged, winegrowing area, The Golden Mile, where Spain's most prestigious brands of wine are elaborated. Abadía Retuerta owns over 200 hectares of vineyard and is one of Spain's most modern wineries. The winery is presided over by a...
Buy Abadía Retuerta Wine:
Experts · Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014
Robert Parker: 93/100 (Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014 -1229854)The warmer growing season was noticeable in the 2014 Pago Negralada, the Tempranillo from a vineyard with relatively warm soils that provides good ripeness. The grapes were picked on September 27th, quite early, and put to ferment with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel, followed by malolactic fermentation in brand new French oak barrels, where it had an upbringing of 18 months before bottling after a clarification with egg whites—quite a similar process from vineyard to vineyard and from vintage to vintage. This style of vintage worked really well for Tempranillo and the wine comes through as terribly balanced, with energy, power and elegance. While I see that Syrah has worked well in 2013, the Tempranillo needs to be ripe and years like 2013 are not as complete as 2014.
Highlighted review about Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014
Posted on 24/10/17 at 14.19
More reviews about Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014
Posted on 15/05/17 at 12.42
Posted on 09/01/17 at 05.40
I found it a wonderful product
Posted on 08/01/19 at 04.45
Posted on 14/03/18 at 10.59
Posted on 21/10/17 at 05.00
Posted on 12/10/17 at 04.33
Posted on 09/06/17 at 05.16
- View: Wine Pago Negralada has a very intense color
- Nose: Nose: this wine shows Payment intense, with notes of great maturity and freshness, notes of black fruit, cloves and a...
Posted on 19/05/17 at 05.14
- View: Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014 Red wine has an intense cherry young
- Nose: Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014 Red Wine is a very open regarding wine aromas. Hints of...
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2015
Reviews about Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2012
Reviews about Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2011