The Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial is a red wine from VT Castilla y León produced by Abadía Retuerta of the best of petit verdot, cabernet sauvignon, merlot, tempranillo and syrah grapes. The Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial is the ideal red to combine with ragout and game.
“Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2013 is a red wine V. T Castile and Leon produced from the selection of the best grapes from each of payments winery combines the richness of Tempranillo, Syrah intensity and elegance of Cabernet Sauvignon. Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2001 was awarded at the International Wine Challenge in London as the best red in the world in 2005.”
“TASTING NOTES OF Abadia Retuerta Seleccion 2011:
- View: intense maroon coat.
- Nose: notes of ripe red and black fruit (cherries, plums), balsamic and spicy (licorice) flavor and a sweet from wood.
- Mouth: powerful, fruity, creamy and long on the palate, full-bodied tannins strong personality, very nice, long finish, its persistence. A tasty wine.
APPELLATION: VT Castilla y León.
VINEYARD: Abbey Retuerta.
GRAPES: 75% Tempranillo, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Syrah.
PAIRING: rostbeef, sirloin with foie, cured meats, stews and cheeses.
TEMPERATURE: 16 °C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 15%”
“To me a good RCP me win, and this Special Selection 2009 vintage Retuerta Abbey (one of my favorite wineries) is excellent. So: to enjoy (s) cup (s) of this great wine from Castilla y León. God Bless You! ;)”
“The Abadia Retuerta wines are recognized by the world and regular review in the most prestigious awards in international competitions, Retuerta Abbey wines continue to improve, as confirmed by the exceptional vintages of recent years.”
“We drank it at a meeting with friends.
Red with violet edges. Smell of ripe fruit compote. This Ribera del Duero stands out for its warm and balanced character.
I would not recommend to drink it alone. It's best when paired.”
- Excellent color intensity denoting his youth.
- Picota garnet.
- Perfumed, fine, frank.
- Black and candied red fruit (blueberries, blackberries, plums and cherries, strawberries, raspberries).
- Very mineral and balsamic, representative of the terroir of the Douro, with floral notes (violets, lilacs).
- Very spicy, with notes of nutmeg and subtle apexes of cloves and bay leaf on a background of chocolate, toffee and licorice candy.
- Sign palate, fresh, tasty and quilibrado.
- noble, very persistent and long tannins, is a wine of strong character, without losing harmony.”